Tuesday, September 06, 2016

Mixed Feelings

You Open Carry Idiots Aren’t Helping [More]
I personally don't open carry to make a statement. That said, I've endorsed and appeared at multiple events where open carry has been the norm, and rather than seeing problems have instead seen peaceable conduct that is indeed helpful at negating all the hysterical stereotyping.

Then there's the kind that confirms it.

I'm not a "one size fits all" kind'a guy.  The focus ought to be reserved for those who set a dangerous example or otherwise misbehave. In this particular case, it appears a motive was to intimidate someone who had been through the judicial process and was not threatening to use force.

[Via Keith B]


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Maine has been an open carry state as long as I can remember . I personally open carry most of the time during the summer since adding layers of clothes is not an option . And I refuse to scale down what I deem my personal preference of caliber/rounds/size .I do conceal when adding a layer is not going to overheat me .

All that being said , I have not had any soccer moms run in fear or had police called on me . I have had many ask about what I was carrying and had many a pleasant conversation on guns, rights, and laws . And the funny thing is , most people don't even notice I am carrying . To wrapped up in their phones or rushing to get somewhere .