Friday, December 30, 2016

Captain's Log Supplemental


* I've had people contact me over the years with the F&F/cartel alliance connection, but when I tried pursuing it never had one of my sources able to offer confirmation or even basic awareness. I'm not saying it never happened -- I'm just saying I have not been able to get any kind of corroboration, and the amount of traffic and the comparative handful of semiauto guns in question seem hardly enough to effect what is being claimed. Mike shared my opinion and my concern that this is used by some to discount what we do have sources for-- that F&F was intended to have U.S. guns found next to bodies to exploit for a new"assault weapon" ban. 

Do I believe U.S. agencies are covertly working with cartels and that all the manipulation being discussed is likely? Sure, that seems more than plausible.  And do I believe many of the same players could be involved in overlapping activities? Of course. 

As for a Hillary connection, regulars here know who the ones formally pressing for more information on the State/ITAR nexus have been been.

No comments: