Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Enemy Action

Stewart Rhodes, founder of the citizen militia group known as the Oath Keepers, said he came from Montana with about 50 others to protect Trump supporters. They were joined by bikers and others who vowed to fight members of an anti-fascist group if they crossed police barricades. “I don’t mind hitting” the counter-demonstrators, Rhodes said. “In fact, I would kind of enjoy it.” [More]
You'd think a "real reporter" working for a major newspaper would be able to get the fact right that Oath Keepers,while supportive of the concept, is not a militia group -- a point made more times than I can keep track of.

Then again, she also screwed up his quote. Per Stewart:
I was NOT talking about Anti-fa when I said that.   I was talking about the actual white nationalists who showed up and tried to co-opt the event.  I said we wanted nothing to do with them, and while the police told them we could not kick them out of the park, because the event organizers did not have a permit to use the park (which would have allowed them to exclude people), we would not let the white nationalists up on the concrete ring where the actual rally and speakers were, and if they tried, we would remove them physically.   And that is when I said that if that happens, “I don’t mind hitting neo-Nazis. In fact, I would kind of enjoy it.” 
How's the saying go...? "Once is happenstance; twice is coincidence..."

The third time is "Authorized Journalism."

No comments: